Dc Converter for Regenerative braking

micktosin

Joined Mar 20, 2012
Hi there,

I am trying to design two separate Dc converter design to produce a constant output of 10 Amps and 28Volts, with an input of Varying between 20-24V, 40-100Amps (depending on the speed and torque of the Dc motor).

So far i have failed to achieve this constant output due to the variation of the input current and voltage of the motor. Please how can i design a Dc converter to handle this ever varying input current/voltage while producing constant output?

The two designs used can be found in the attached Pic. The first design is a boost converter while second is a Double interleaved converter with clamping circuit.

Attachments

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Typically, the system is run from batteries, and the regenerative braking puts charge back to the battery when available.

The battery charge control circuitry prevents overcurrent/overvoltage by burning off excess power in a resistor bank.

micktosin

Joined Mar 20, 2012
Typically, the system is run from batteries, and the regenerative braking puts charge back to the battery when available.

The battery charge control circuitry prevents overcurrent/overvoltage by burning off excess power in a resistor bank.
I have thought about this, and i find them (Resistor banks) to take a lot of space, please is there another way to discharge this energy preferably recycle it back to the motor?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
You are going to use regenerative braking on a motor, and feed the recovered energy back to the motor? :eek:

Please explain what the motor is on, what power source is powering it, and what it needs to do, how it needs to "brake" etc etc.