DC-AC Inverter

assassin

Joined Dec 27, 2008
Hi..I have design an inverter that input is 10VDc , output is 220VAc and the output power is 20W... But i cant design the transformer i have calculated the winding numbers but i cant calculate the inductance. it is requiered because i have to simulate it and i need that inductance value... can anyone help me pls? circuit image is this..is there anything wrong about the circuit? i have tried lots of numbers for transformer windings but i didnt work out..

Attachments

assassin

Joined Dec 27, 2008
Q2 and Q4 is the power BJTs and they are used for + and - alternances. Q1 and Q3 are used for producing Ib base current to Q2 and Q4.. Q3 is on when Q1 off and vice versa...

assassin

Joined Dec 27, 2008
i did it and it is almost the same... i have got problem with the value of the transformer windings because i get the signal from the output but it is not what i want.. it is too low about 1-2V...i need 220V...what do u think about it.. this circuit drives me crazy man..

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Do you have a center-tapped transformer in your library?

You're using two separate transformers instead of a center-tapped transformer. That's going to goof things up.

Find a center-tapped model, and then try starting out with 1h for both windings in your primary, and 22h for your secondary winding.
[eta]
Blocco and KMoffet are correct; the emitter of Q3 must go to +12V. Otherwise, you'll have minimal conduction of Q4, and your output will look very lop-sided.

Last edited:

assassin

Joined Dec 27, 2008
no there is not a center-tapped transformer in my library... and i cant use another simulation program i have to do it with this :( it is a school project.. cant i do it without using a center-tapped transformer.. isnt it working what i did?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
If you don't have a center-tapped transformer in your library, and you can't add one, you will need to devise a way of reversing the current flow through the single primary of a single transformer.

An H-bridge configuration will do that for you. Research H-bridges.

assassin

Joined Dec 27, 2008
Ok.Thanks a lot.. i made it before but i will do it again.. but could u help me about how i can calculate the inductance? how can i find that formula..if u have a source about transformer design could u send it to me?

assassin

Joined Dec 27, 2008
i have been reading it for hours.. and i cant find anything :( pls someone give me the primary and secondary inductance formulas..

trajcetr

Joined Dec 26, 2008
Hi..I have design an inverter that input is 10VDc , output is 220VAc and the output power is 20W... But i cant design the transformer i have calculated the winding numbers but i cant calculate the inductance. it is requiered because i have to simulate it and i need that inductance value... can anyone help me pls? circuit image is this..is there anything wrong about the circuit? i have tried lots of numbers for transformer windings but i didnt work out..
I have expiriance for this type of dcac inverter for 12v/220v use standard ac transformer 2x12v example 120w for this data sheet
or 24/220 use 2x24v/220w ,if you have any questation send me mail

assassin

Joined Dec 27, 2008
pls someone send me that inductance formulas i cant find anywhere.. i'm starting to doubt that there is no formulas for this:rolleyes:

and how can i do a center-tapped transformer with two seperate transformers like in my circuit..what is wrong with transformer in my circuit?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Inductance depends on number of windings, and the material of the core (and maybe some other not too important things). You have to know what core you will use to know the inductance.

Or the other way, you set the inductance you want to use from the other parameters like switching frequency, and then you find suitable core.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Q3 is backwards, you need to connect emitter to minus and add a resistance on the collector. You are back biasing the transistor, an unpredictable state.

You could reverse it a bit like so...

Use 6.2V zeners. They will prevent shoot through. I have never tried this circuit.

One thing that stood out was polarity of the transformer, you need to be very careful there.

Attachments

Last edited:

assassin

Joined Dec 27, 2008
One other thing, with transformers, you shouldn't need inductance. Counter EMF should swamp it.

Thank u man for the circuit...i'm doing it now.. but inductance is the head of my problems.. i dont know how to calculate it... if u have a simu program can u draw the circuit and send me the results pls... i really need this...