Datasheet or specs for no-name Ultrasonic Range Finder module

hspalm

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Hello
I just bought this
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ultrasonic-wave-detector-ranging-module-distance-sensor.html
hoping it would work in the same way as the popular SRF04 or SRF05 module
http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1145.html

Thw SRF04/05 module outputs a high pulse for a certain time on the echo pin proportional to the length it measures (or how long it took for the ultrasonic sound to bounce back at it) The pin configuration and looks of my no-name module looked to be almost the same, so I thought I'd give it a try, beeing so cheap and all (7.5usd verdus 30usd and free shipping which is usually the same as the product cost to norway). Many of you might think I should buy a known brand and go for quality, but I am interested in this cheap module just to see if it will do!

Anyways, I hooked it up to my scope, hoping to catch this pulse so I could start noting the length for calibration on a microcontroller, but the echo pin only shows 5 volts constant. Now I am just using a pushbutton for the trigger, which I guess will make some "noise" (what is the pushbutton noise called again? When you bush the button and a short sequence of pulses will follow it because the button is mechanic?), but the echo pin should anyways not be high level, when thinking of this as a SRF04 replacement.

SO, have anyone of you seen this module before or know how it acts?

Last edited:

hspalm

Joined Feb 17, 2010
That helped a bunch, the thing about TTL levels and pullup resistor. Although, what I did was using a pulldown resistor to ground on the trigger pin, and connecting 5 volts at the other side of the switch. The switch is normally open. If you are interested in how this worked out, I am happy to post a link to my blog entry concerning this module. Maybe it could be interesting for others who google the DYP-ME007 device and ends up here?

By the way, thank you also for clarifying the real name of the device (if it really has a name). I was actually googling DYP-ME00Z before I posted here...