Datasheet for Mystery LCD Desired

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
All-

If I can get a datasheet from someone for this, I'd be grateful. I can take the time to empirically determine the pinout myself, but I'm actually in a time-crunch as it is and don't want to do that unless I have no choice.

I have a 44-pin monochrome LCD that is a mix of 7 and 14 segments, 2 rows... I got it almost a decade ago and never got a datasheet, and have no OEM information. I only got an image from the vendor.

1610141133610.png
Anybody have any of these- Vendor was The Electronic Goldmine (Part #18599 - no longer in their inventory), but they have no info at this date.

Last edited:

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
That's called a display on glass (DOG) . Not really that hard to deal with. What's your problem?
It's not that it's hard to deal with, but it isn't as easy as an LED display either because I have use symmetrically opposed signals at about 100hz to see how pins behave. , I can figure out the pinout, but I'd like all the information (temp limits, etc), to go with the gross of these that I have. I also would like to use them in projects, but would like to be able to obtain more- without at least a datasheet, I can't find who made them, what their part number is, etc, and I don't want to pay for a custom designed LCD.

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I used to get a fair bit of stuff from Electronic Goldmine going back to the mid-90's. It's surplus and without any identifying marks on the devices, you are probably out of luck getting display-specific information. On the up side, I suspect most similar appearing displays have similar specifications. Here's a DigiKey search: https://www.digikey.com/en/products...suIAlgCZQgC0hADISCQC6teIPgE88AU1YBDAM4BjEJUpA

If that doesn't give an ordered list with lowest price first, click on that button. Lots of similar displays and the few datasheets I clicked were just one page. Maybe if you dig in to other information from the company, you will get some of the environmental limits too. I did not see the same display design you have. It is possibly a special design for a product and what EG had is all that is available.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I used to get a fair bit of stuff from Electronic Goldmine going back to the mid-90's. It's surplus and without any identifying marks on the devices, you are probably out of luck getting display-specific information. On the up side, I suspect most similar appearing displays have similar specifications. Here's a DigiKey search: https://www.digikey.com/en/products...suIAlgCZQgC0hADISCQC6teIPgE88AU1YBDAM4BjEJUpA

If that doesn't give an ordered list with lowest price first, click on that button. Lots of similar displays and the few datasheets I clicked were just one page. Maybe if you dig in to other information from the company, you will get some of the environmental limits too. I did not see the same display design you have. It is possibly a special design for a product and what EG had is all that is available.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been scouring across vendors in 70 countries to identify these. Mouser, digikey, allied, newark, etc- Been checking them all. I suspect they were originally a custom designed component for some product that Goldmine pulled them from, so I may be SoL, but... can't hurt trying. I'd like to be able to at least find the mfg.

TO ALL: If you have trouble identifying a Goldmine Electronics part by part number, I may have the datasheet and info for it.... just PM me.

Last edited: