Databases of processed pdf datasheets, where, how?

ballsystemlord

Joined Nov 19, 2018
As I've browsed the web in search of this or that I find myself wishing I had an actual data set of the datasheets for a variety of parts. I have been further spurred on to such research, among other things, because websites like alldatasheet require you to enter a 4 digit code for every datasheet you download. I have heard of such databases, they use OCR on vast troves of datasheets, but its never been clear how to get such a database. Even if I wanted to build my own, I have no idea how I'd get all the datasheets in a timely manner.

Anyone know more about this?

Thanks!

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
You can use the data sheets on alldatasheets.com as you need them. I don't know of any place that will allow you to download their whole hard-earned collection.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It's not going to happen. There is no money in collecting and maintaining such a collection. It is too bad manufacturers don't release ".pdf" files for obsolete parts. That would satisfy a great deal of the demand. The scans can be incomplete and hard to read.

ballsystemlord

Joined Nov 19, 2018
https://github.com/idea-fasoc/datasheet-scrubber
This is sort of what I'm talking about.
"The FASoC database contains more than 700,000 records of Integrated Circuits (ICs) components collected from Digikey."
The drawbacks being that digikey is hardly complete when it comes to parts. I know this from experience. And it's kinda stupid to keep forcing the server load onto digikey. Another database/dataset would be better.