Dark Matter Scientists Jump Shark -- Women and Children Hardest Hit

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
The very fabric of space time itself poses an existential risk to every living being. It seems that a prolonged exposure of less than 100 years is sufficient to cause death by a marked increase of cellular and physiological entropy.
Scientists are currently seeking a way to minimize it's effects.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If it were as dramatic as portrayed (Dark Matter interactions) then we would have seen more evidence by now I suspect. There are some serious efforts looking for it.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm surprised they chose "cancer" for the bogeyman instead of "climate change". I mean, the headline could just as easily have asked if dark matter causes wealth or good health. Maybe because they are Russian nuclear scientists and are deflecting attention from Chernobyl.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So, now dark matter is bad for you. Forget about the fact that it interacts so weakly as to be undetectable.
Classic pseudoscience. They made new assumptions about what dark matter is and how it interacts and then reveal their startling findings of how these interactions (which are based solely on their chosen assumptions) cause cancer. Never mind that they have no basis for their assumptions -- that doesn't matter.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Classic pseudoscience. They made new assumptions about what dark matter is and how it interacts and then reveal their startling findings of how these interactions (which are based solely on their chosen assumptions) cause cancer. Never mind that they have no basis for their assumptions -- that doesn't matter.
I've mentioned before that I have my own "Theory of Everything" (developed between 10 and 15 years ago). So far, it fits well with all confirmed experimental evidence, especially recent mappings of cosmic background radiation.

Unfortunately, I am not clever/versed enough to develop/invent tests to disprove my theory, but it will be positively falsified when one of the following three things are confirmed:

1. The existence of dark matter/energy;
2. Gravitions/gravity waves
3. Cosmic Inflation

As a scientist, my ego will not be hurt when/if my theory is disproved. In that case, I'll just endeavor to come up with a new theory that fits the new information.