DAC R-2R voltage follower and low pass filter

rfpd

Joined Jul 6, 2016
upload_2017-9-18_22-10-22.png

Imagine that but with 8 outputs, the 5V are just to exemplify that that's the wave's peak and that's what also powers the op amp.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The minimum supply voltage for the TL071 is 6V.
The input range should be restricted to 4V above the negative supply and 4V below the positive supply. You might get away with 3V above the negative supply and right up to the positive supply.
The permissible output voltage swing is up to within 3V of either supply rail.
To use the TL071 in your circuit, it will need a negative supply voltage of at least -4V and a positive supply of at least 9V.

rfpd

Joined Jul 6, 2016
The minimum supply voltage for the TL071 is 6V.
The input range should be restricted to 4V above the negative supply and 4V below the positive supply. You might get away with 3V above the negative supply and right up to the positive supply.
The permissible output voltage swing is up to within 3V of either supply rail.
To use the TL071 in your circuit, it will need a negative supply voltage of at least -4V and a positive supply of at least 9V.
I mean it makes sense to clip near 5, since it's not a linear thing, but so much? I could use a 9V battery to V+ and the arduino 5V to V-, but how do I turn those 5V to -5V?

Thanks for the answer.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found an IC that inverts voltage.

Last edited:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A 741 does not work from a single 5V supply.
It's input and output can only go to within a couple volts or so of the plus and minus rails, leaving you an operating range of only about a volt.
You need a rail-rail input and output type op amp such as an LMC6484.