Current to Voltage converter

hami1101

Joined Sep 12, 2011
Hello everybody

I have a problem in building current to voltage converter, I want to simulate it first. lets say I have a current value of 40 micro amperes which I want to convert into suitable voltage then what kind of circuit I would build and how can I select the component values of resistors as I have to use the T network for the feedback portion and I want to know that how can I set the values of resistors to get a suitable output voltage.

Please guide I would be very grateful to all of you.

Thanks

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Are you familiar with Ohm's law? V = I x R. So pick a voltage V you want to see when 40µA are passing through your shunt resistor R. Don't forget to use consistent units (volts, ohms, amps).

You haven't said anything about your source, or what you'll do with the produced voltage (your load). The source may not be able to directly supply your desired voltage through the calculated R. If that's the case, you'll need an op-amp to give you amplification. Transimpedance amplifier.

hami1101

Joined Sep 12, 2011
hello everyone

I am facing a problem in designing a current to voltage converter using op amp I have to convert the current in the range of 40 micro amps to a suitable voltage using a T network having 3 resistors on the feedback. Please guide me what component values I have to use and which op amp I should use. I have attached the image of the circuit which I am trying to use please guide me.

Please reply urgent I would be very greatful

Thanks to all

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
This is a continuation of your previous post. Please don't start a new thread on the same topic.

Thanks for posting a diagram. I haven't looked at it in detail except to notice that R1 has no purpose.