current flow practical

Zanac-X

Joined Dec 23, 2011
hey guys :)

i was wondering if i have a 50V, 1A DC transformer and supplied the flowing loads in parallel : (60mA ,300 mA, 40mA ,120mA and 75mA) so im using only 595mA in total but where is the rest of the 1000mA going is it being recycled through the wire or would it burn my loads even with the limiter resistance installed ?

thanks very much

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
My car is capable of going very fast but it doesn't most of the time.
Your 1A power supply is capable of supplying up to 1A but it doesn't most of the time.

The remaining available current is simply not being used. It is not being recycled.

What is your power supply doing when it has NO load current? It is doing almost nothing.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
A transformer delivers AC current not DC.

But let us suppose you have a 50V 1A DC power adapter.

The 1A rating is the maximum current deliverable before nasty things happen, like loss of voltage, over heating and start of a fire.

If you take 595mA, that's what you get. The rest is the reserve headroom.

Zanac-X

Joined Dec 23, 2011
A transformer delivers AC current not DC.
im using i full wave rectifier with a ziner and a capacitor :)

but if i use a normal diode to have a half wave rectifier (simi-DC) this should work right ?...... and if it dose should there be side effects on the loads or the system

Zanac-X

Joined Dec 23, 2011
sorry its in paper right now because its my first project but if you are asking about the loads ,its wards made out of LEDs of different colors ..........simple i know but thats how one suppose to start right :rolleyes: