crown jakarta management capital environmental scams asks Earth Day an Oil Scam?

janessachica

Joined Apr 26, 2013
One of its fascinating revelations is that those people thought Earth Day was a crock – and were highly suspicious of the fact that the mainstream, establishment media was eagerly promoting it.

An Editorial included near the front of the book is worth quoting at length:

The environment may well be the gut issue that can unify a polarized nation in the 1970′s writes Time magazine. The Hearst Press sees it as a movement “that could unite the generations.” And the New York Times solemnly predicts that ecology “will replace Vietnam as the major issue with students.”

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Anyone have a clue what the OP's point was? I sure don't.

What would "unifying around the environment" even mean? Even within the environmental movement there is little hope of any "unified" position since there are so many different and mutually exclusive positions.

Bumper sticker popular at my alma mater when I was a freshman: "Ban Mining! -- Let the bastards freeze in the dark."

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Nobody said the environment movement was a monolithic concern. But most in the movement agree on basic premesis, that the enviornment needs to be protected, that more action is needed, and so forth. A movement doesn't have to agree on everything. Some diversity of opinion can be a good thing.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Anyone have a clue what the OP's point was? I sure don't.
Nope, not the slightest idea. I think he/she chose the wrong forum, and in my opinion made a post dangerously close to being political.

By that I mean I can see it getting political very quickly....

Matt

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Nobody said the environment movement was a monolithic concern. But most in the movement agree on basic premesis, that the enviornment needs to be protected, that more action is needed, and so forth. A movement doesn't have to agree on everything. Some diversity of opinion can be a good thing.
But agreement at the that level is pretty much meaningless. There aren't very many people, in or out of the environmental movement, that claim that the environment shouldn't be protected, for instance. Being in agreement on broad, general platitudes is a long, long way from unifying around something.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Another Jaygatsby alter ego perhaps?
I don't think I will ever understand why people post things like this on an electronics site (or come here to proclaim how great they are). There must be better places to post about Earth Day or the idea that they are rock stars or secret agents. It makes as much sense as going to a, "How to care for your bunny rabbit" website and posting phase locked loop schematics.

It is obviously difficult to make a rule that excludes people that are not interested in the reason this site exists. I guess the best I can do is be glad the moderators have to deal with this, and I don't.

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
But agreement at the that level is pretty much meaningless. There aren't very many people, in or out of the environmental movement, that claim that the environment shouldn't be protected, for instance. Being in agreement on broad, general platitudes is a long, long way from unifying around something.
I wouldn't call them platitudes. Compare general attitude about the environment now to 50 - 75 years ago. They are different in significant ways.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Reread OP. There isn't a complete thought or an ounce of sense in any one of the sentences, nor was there an overall point. Smells like a bot pulled a bunch of buzzwords out of an earth day discussion and regurgitated them here. Then you guys sift through the chunks and throw them at eachother like a snowball fight. Pretty entertaining actually.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Trollbots? That's a new one on me. Are the virus writers that bored that they have time to make trollbots?:D

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Consider the rash of posts that we get where it is just some fragment of an earlier post followed by a smiley from some website. What's the point? I've certainly never figured it out.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Consider the rash of posts that we get where it is just some fragment of an earlier post followed by a smiley from some website. What's the point? I've certainly never figured it out.
Sad attempt at spamming. What makes them think people would click on the smileys or images I'll never know.

Maybe they get paid for every time they post it?

Poorly planned, for sure.