Cross connect wire motor

magnetman12003

Joined May 10, 2008
Hi All,

Please check my U tube link below. I have some coil questions you might be able to help me with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-FjOQ6tlM&feature=player_embedded#

This experimental motor was built by me and now I have constructed another coil like the one in the video. Also note each of both coils has two windings. The static resistance of ONE winding is 8 ohms- 312 feet of #24 AWG cross connect wire. So by series connecting "all four" windings I come up with 4x8= 32 ohms. By paralleling "all four" windings I come up with 2 ohms for the input power source to look at. Other coil hookup combinations are also possible.

I now plan to use TWO like magnets mounted on the same axle just like you see in the above video illustrated with one magnet.. Both coils will lay flat on the table. One magnet will.have the north side facing UP. The other magnet will have the north side facing DOWN. When one coils polarity is north UP the other coils polarity will be north DOWN up. One magnet will be attracted while the other magnet will be repelled. Sort of a reciprocating or articulating magnetic effect.

I need advice once more. My function generator is capable of a 30 volt output and about 1.5 amps. Which "DUAL" coil arrangement would be best suited to match up to the function generators square wave output. 2 ohms, 4 ohms, 8 ohms, 16 ohms, 32 ohms?????

This time I will have the generators output protected from back EMF voltage spikes generated by the coils.

All input appreciated.

Tom