cribbage board with led's not pegs

DEAnderson680

Joined Mar 23, 2024
About 8 years ago I wanted to build a peg-less cribbage board by using LED's. Took 6 months to get a working board, almost gave up 3 times but managed to get it working. Still has a couple little issues but all in all it works. I'm 68 years old and been in the computer field since Microsoft came out with DOS.

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in buying the design from me. I can post a video of the design in the next few days to show how I figured out the counting for points, how the back led starts counting from where the front led is on the board. I did have a PCB made up to hold the LED's and just sandwich the chip board under it, but didn't get the PCB board made for the IC's yet.

I'll work on posting the video now, I'm real curious if there is an interest and invite you to email me directly at<Mod: deleted link to avoid spamming>

Last edited by a moderator:

DEAnderson680

Joined Mar 23, 2024
Hi Wendy, I was looking at your tags "LEDs, 555s, Flashers and Light Chasers", funny designing this seemed to have all of the above!

I'm new at this forum posting and don't know what i can get away with but I took a video and some pictures, I'll try posting now.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi Wendy, I was looking at your tags "LEDs, 555s, Flashers and Light Chasers", funny designing this seemed to have all of the above!

I'm new at this forum posting and don't know what i can get away with but I took a video and some pictures, I'll try posting now.
Welcome to AAC.

Please post your images as image files rather than archives. It is also preferable to use YouTube to post videos then link/embed them here. The embedding is done automatically if you put a YouTube link in your post.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I was wondering if anybody would be interested in buying the design from me.
I doubt that you'll get any takers. I suspect the market for something like this would be too small to be worth the bother. If you did it using logic chips, it would be far too expensive to build. These days, a microcontroller could be used to replace all except LED drive circuitry.

DEAnderson680

Joined Mar 23, 2024
I doubt that you'll get any takers. I suspect the market for something like this would be too small to be worth the bother. If you did it using logic chips, it would be far too expensive to build. These days, a microcontroller could be used to replace all except LED drive circuitry.
Your probably right, just a note on the cost, all the chips have been miniaturized for surface mount. What I liked about the circuit is everything is done with logic chips, switches and LED's. It can be put into any cribbage board you make. I wanted to look into making a 3D cribbage board so I could print it. Just don't have the time anymore.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
What I liked about the circuit is everything is done with logic chips, switches and LED's.
I like old-school too. I've accumulated many thousands of dollars worth of components over the past 50 years, but some things are just easier to do with more modern capabilities.

DEAnderson680

Joined Mar 23, 2024
Is cribbage played that much anymore?
At least to the extent it once was.
The demand may just not be there.!? .
Used to be played in coffee spots, social spots or with Dad or Grampa and was challenging to try to beat them. The pegs were nails, toothpicks or anything you could fit in the holes and sometimes we would play for money! I have a couple friends that when I go visit we break out the board and play best 2 of 3 games while we catch up. Not like it used to be for sure, guess what I'll do is post the schematic and if you like it maybe send a couple dollars my way.