CRC16 algorithm for VB6

Maccara

Joined Aug 22, 2009
They don't work! including the first link given.
That's surprising. Good to know. CRC16 is pretty "trivial", so I expected most of the stuff would work. Didn't try myself, since I have very little interest for any VB6 related anymore.

Unfortunately, that also means I didn't have any ready&tested code to give out anymore. :) (I used to have a small library of algorithms for VB6 I implemented myself but have lost the code, and since I only had it because I was forced to use VB6, didn't try to salvage it)

But now that you mention it, it matters somewhat what polynomials are chosen for the implementation, if everything will work reliably. (IEEE has a recommendation on that)

I missed your second link, so thank you very much since the code I have downloaded seems very incoraging (I have not yet tested it deeply but it seems to encode as the Tx device )
I hope that works ok. It is a nice implementation and plenty fast without external dlls (I had a similar implementation once).

Just in case it does not work, would a dll implemented in C do the job? (you could import it in VB6 and use the functions - plenty of implementations available online)