Crazy Small Soldering

valdee

Joined Dec 23, 2011
Hi there. I have to say nice work. I myself am working on an ffc extension but I use 30 awg wire and going around 5 feet. Completed soldering it with no shorts but the picture on lcd is skewed and not focused. Its all over the screen. You can barely see it but is flickering. Need some tips. Is it possible that the voltage drops on this lenght????? Thanks

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

This was split from http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=43394

I probably would have let the post remain, but this thread is well over a year old. Most of the people (including the OP) are long gone.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
At 5 feet the high frequency signals are probably getting clobbered by crosstalk and stray capacitance.

Voltage drops due to wire resistance are likely not a factor.

valdee

Joined Dec 23, 2011
Since unsoldering everything back is some task is there anything i can do at this point to correct the issue???

valdee

Joined Dec 23, 2011
Myabe shortening the lengt would fix that. Is there a certain lengt i should be under for it to work correctly??