Craig's List Tips?

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I am new to craigs list. I listed an old TEK 7834 storage scope and ten various plug ins for Tek 7000 series scopes on their site.

1) I attached pictures and NONE of them showed up with the ads. Apparently it does not allow a JPEG?

2) Will I get notified by email if somebody responds? I checked the option to go through the craigs "message" thing not to list me address publicly.

so far I am thoroughly underwhelmed with craigs list.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I am new to craigs list. I listed an old TEK 7834 storage scope and ten various plug ins for Tek 7000 series scopes on their site.
1) I attached pictures and NONE of them showed up with the ads. Apparently it does not allow a JPEG?
How are you attaching them ???
they might be having problems or something because I have never had a problem and it pulls the pic right off my pc ..

2) Will I get notified by email if somebody responds? I checked the option to go through the craigs "message" thing not to list me address publicly.
The E-mail you signed up with is where the mail will get sent too ..

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Here's my craigslist tip: don't hold ANYTHING for ANYONE, even just for an hour. First come first serve only. I've sold or given away lots of stuff on craigslist, and in my experience, 75% of people who say "I'll be there on Friday evening" never show up, and 50% of people who say "i'm in my car headed your way, please don't sell it before I get there!" Never show up. I don't have a clue why, but it happens consistently. Even with GOOD stuff I'm GIVING away for FREE. Really bizarre.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
How are you attaching them ???
they might be having problems or something because I have never had a problem and it pulls the pic right off my pc ..

The E-mail you signed up with is where the mail will get sent too ..
I included the figures as part of placing the ad. There is a point where you browse for images and attach them. Thqat did nothing because not one of the images ever appeared. Bogus.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Try re-posting every couple of days so it keeps appearing near the top of the listings.

Maybe check the size of the image file(s).

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
I use cl all the time. Always get a response. Always get spam. Rarely do a deal.

But hey, it's free, what's not to love.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I heard on the radio that prostitution as at an all time low, and research into the cause points to people hooking up for free (or not) on craigslist's MSW/WSM/MSM/WSW categories. I guess that's another "tip."

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Thanks, but no thanks.
Other causes of less prostitution: Less Catholic guilt about, "touching yourself" and women being less selective than they were in the past.
Unfortunately, I am old enough that I don't care.