Counter

skusku

Joined Aug 9, 2009
Hi guys

Need a little help please. This is a meter I got free from someone. I need it to connect to a loop detector. Will get it very shortly. This 722 needs to do the counting. Can I just connect the output from loop detector to pin 30 of the 722, or do I need a transistor circuit?

Attachments

skusku

Joined Aug 9, 2009
Loop detector as those you get at the malls etc where they connect to boom gates. Just normal wires running undrground in a loop.the loop detector picks up the car then reads the metal body as a frequency and triggers the relay on the device.this then needs to connect to my counter.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
How you hook it up depends on whether the two have compatible interfaces. So you need to firmly understand what kind of signal your counter will accept and then find a loop detector that generates a compatible signal. If you can't find one, then you need to look into designing a circuit to convert the output of the loop detector you choose to use into a signal that the counter can deal with.

skusku

Joined Aug 9, 2009
Seems that counter uses a positive pulse. If i short it say 5 times in a few seconds it displays a X-value and then resets it to zero after a second or so. Seems its purely a RPM/Flow etc counter. But thanks anyway. I can only find expensive counters so I decided to make one from a PIC16F628A. Its counting at the moment the way I want in the software. Getting an enclosure for it is gonna be a different story though.