Could you please please recommend me a book/website/video or anything to understand Transistors in an easy and simply way?

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
for me transistors are very confusing, and i would be really happy, if you recommend me something to fully understand and comprehend them :D:D
If you really want to "fully understand and comprehend" transistors, you'll need to take some university courses in semiconductor physics and solid-state devices.

If you simply want to learn enough to be able to correctly use transistors in a circuit, the Textbook right here on AAC is a good place to start.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Look up transistor basics on utube and you'll get a lot of short videos, on various levels and aspects of how they work, how to use them, etc.

There's some pretty in depth videos on there too. Also some good history documentries on them too, I wish there was more history on how they made all the stuff.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Have you tried Horowitz and Hill, Art of Electronics, 2nd or 3rd edition (used)? Second edition (new) seems to go for a premium. Used versions seem to be less than $20/

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Hello,
for me transistors are very confusing, and i would be really happy, if you recommend me something to fully understand and comprehend them :D:D
Read the educational section on this board (AllAboutCircuits). And find this book:

Title: Understanding Basic Electronics, 1st Ed.
Publisher: The American Radio Relay League
ISBN: 0-87259-398-3

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Look up transistor basics on utube and you'll get a lot of short videos, on various levels and aspects of how they work, how to use them, etc
Unless you already have a little bit of understanding, you will also get some information that isn't quite correct. There are some good Youtube things out there but if you use that format to learn from you will, if you keep going in electronics or anything on Youtube, have to "unlearn" it in the future. Unlearning is sometimes harder than learning.