Cosel p300e-24

FORDFAN006

Joined Jan 5, 2011
Hi,
I need some help here please.I have a cosel p300e-24 smps used on an embroidery machine, I have been working on this for 2 days.What it does is comes on, I have 24 volts at the output,the machine runs for a few minutes and errors out.
I took it apart and found a solder connection at one capacitor completely gone.So I made the repair,started up the machine and it ran 3 times longer.with my meter connected I see the volts start dropping,then the machine locks out.This smps is on a toyota 830esp.Is there any suggestions on where to check first.I will be replacing the cap tomorrow.Any help would be great,because replacing this smps is 500.00.So thanks in advance to any help offered.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That is 24 volts at what kind of amperage?

I had a switcher start to eat caps, and just had to give up on it. Without a schematic, it's just too dangerous to poke at one while it runs.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The Datasheet shows it is rated for 14A / 336 Watts.

Ripple is 120mV-150mV, do you have a scope to see what the actual ripple is?

Working on the supply is a dangerous area if you do not have the equipment and safety knowledge on SMPS design/troubleshooting. To start with, look to see if any caps are visibly bulged or leaking while the power is off.

FORDFAN006

Joined Jan 5, 2011
THANKS FOR THE ALL THE RESPONSE!
I dont have a scope, and it is 14 amps.I am some what a novice in repair.I have some schooling and a lot of self taught.Smps are tough to figure out.I dont have any caps bulging.What is the best way to see if they are leaking,.Another question, can you get a good reading or idea if the caps are bed checking them in circuit,or is it a must to take them out. once again thanks

I have two Toyota Embroidery machines. An Expert 850 and an Expert 820A.
Both have the same cosel p300e-24 smps like your AD 830.
While my AD850 is running fine I have some trouble with my AD820A.

1) switching on the power supply it comes up with "internal connect error".
Putting the dip switches on the operator box in service-mode I can see that the OP-ROM is working fine (showing OP-ROM V2.0) but the MAIN-ROM and the XY-ROM show only grey boxes.
The cable connection between operation box and CPU-board is o.k..
I checked the clock input of both PD78310 CPU as well as the PD72001 Serial Controller. All of them show nice 12MHz signals on my scope. Next I checked each pin of OP-, MAIN- and XY-EPROM with my scope and it looks like the signal curves of the MAIN-EPROM looks somewhat different from both others. I uploaded all pictures to flickr. com. Just search for "Embroidery Tom".
Perhaps the EPROMs are no more good. I made a read-out but have no data to compare with. So if anybody should have read-outs of the AD820A EPROMs might be very helpful for me. In general any help or hint how to awake my AD820 would be very welcome.

2) Some days ago the cosel p300e-24 smps within the power supply box died. The 5V from the separate power supply is running fine and the optical coupler NEX2501 is properly shorting the Remote ON/OFF input of the cosel p300e-24 smps. But still the cosel p300e-24 smps does not start up. Even the LED remains off. There are no deformed caps not any leakage. Any idea how to check the cosel p300e-24 smps?

Anyway, if anybody should need any manual or ERPOM-read-outs or measuring results or anything else regarding the Toyota Expert AD 850 or AD820A just contact me. We need to help each other with this kind of out-dated embroidery machines.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
You can use the IMG tags (click on the little mountain/yellow icon in editor) to put your images inline with your post. That helps us greatly in understanding what you are referring to, instead of guessing which photo on Flickr is the correct one.

You can also add photos as attachments using the paperclip, so Flickr isn't needed at all. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
liamObsolete Power Electronics 0