Conveyor Belt

micro

Joined Feb 10, 2006
Actually I need to create a conveyor belt to transfer a glass with water from one place to another place, distance is around 60cm. Is anyone has an idea to create a conveyor belt? Do you have the construction diagram? Thank you first for your kind help.

micro

Joined Feb 10, 2006
Originally posted by Gadget@Apr 16 2006, 04:45 AM
Use a hose.
[post=16217]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank Gadget. May I know how to construct a conveyor belt with hose? Can you please give me more infromation? Thanks.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by micro@Apr 16 2006, 02:31 AM
Actually I need to create a conveyor belt to transfer a glass with water from one place to another place, distance is around 60cm. Is anyone has an idea to create a conveyor belt? Do you have the construction diagram? Thank you first for your kind help.
[post=16213]Quoted post[/post]​
I have no idea what materials you have available but sanding belts for various types of belt sanders might work for you. You would need one that is flexible without being too stiff. Then you need a couple of rollers which you can make from wooden dowels or aluminum bar stock. You need some bearings or supports for the two rollers and a way to tension the belt. Last you need a motor to drive the belt. You need to be careful with the acceleration and the deceleration. I'm assuming that spilling the water is a bad-bad thing.