convert output of demodulator to original modulating input of X input multiplier

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
refer to schematic of ltspice. Can anybody add a circuit to the output of the demodulator to recover the original modulating signal of the first multiplier?
There is available a digital to analog converter ad5671r in lt spice which perhaps could be used.
I have no problems with a 1000hz modulating frequency and 10khz carrier wave sine waves. A simple passive low pass filter at the output of the demodulator recovers the 1000hz signal.
A digital carrier wave and modulating input is a different matter. A passive low pass filter does not work.

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A digital carrier wave and modulating input is a different matter. A passive low pass filter does not work.
Your apparent modulation is just gating the carrier on and off.
You don't need an analog multiplier for that.
A simple AND gate will do.

To demodulate the signal you can rectify and feed it into a low-pass filter.
You can square it up by feeding the filter output to a Schmidt-trigger gate.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Your apparent modulation is just gating the carrier on and off.
You don't need an analog multiplier for that.
A simple AND gate will do.

To demodulate the signal you can rectify and feed it into a low-pass filter.
You can square it up by feeding the filter output to a Schmidt-trigger gate.
Mr Crutschow, would you be able to do this for me in a working schematic for ltspice? I would do it myself using the 'and' gate and schmidt trigger both of which are available in ltspice.
My problem would be how to use the pins on e.g. the ' behavioral and gate' in lt spice and the schmidt trigger model.
Despite an extensive search on the help index of ltspice and the internet I cannot find out how to use the pins on both these models. For instance there are 8 pins on the 'and' gate model. 3 pins are given; common, and inverting and non-inverting outputs but no indication is given of what the other 5 pins are. 2 must be for 'and' inputs for the modulation you are referring to.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Mr Crutschow, would you be able to do this for me in a working schematic for ltspice? I would do it myself using the 'and' gate and schmidt trigger both of which are available in ltspice.
My problem would be how to use the pins on e.g. the ' behavioral and gate' in lt spice and the schmidt trigger model.
Despite an extensive search on the help index of ltspice and the internet I cannot find out how to use the pins on both these models. For instance there are 8 pins on the 'and' gate model. 3 pins are given; common, and inverting and non-inverting outputs but no indication is given of what the other 5 pins are. 2 must be for 'and' inputs for the modulation you are referring to.