Convert Nokia charger output form DC to AC

Aaditya0803

Joined Dec 23, 2011
Hi..

I have Nokia AC-8N charger

which provide DC output... bt i need AC output. by keeping curent and voltage as before.
so my question is that

" HOW CAN I CONVERT DC OUTPUT TO AC BY REMAINING CURRENT AND VOLTAGE AS BEFORE in Nokia AC-8N charger ?? "

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You are talking about overunity and that is banned here. There is going to be loss converting back to AC.

My question is: Why would you want to convert AC to DC then back to AC again???

just get an appropriate transformer.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Actually it would be impossible to achieve.
A room heater might be considered nearly unity efficiency, as it converts all incoming electrical energy to heat, either directly in the element or indirectly, for example from the light turning into heat. Of course that doesn't include transmission losses, generating power etc. but this is a closed system example.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
But a reasonable goal would be 80%. So you can have from a DC source a range of current and voltage combinations that equal 80% of the DC input power. If the AC output also needs to be a pure sine wave then that will increase the degree of difficulty.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
The question still stands: Why on earth would you convert AC to DC then back to AC again?
One might imagine some sensible reasons for wanting to do this - such as obtaining AC at a different frequency from the input, or providing a battery backed up supply.

That said, my guess would be that the OP just wants AC, and is unaware that converting DC back to AC is likely to be more expensive and less efficient than getting a suitable transformer. I suspect we will never know though...