convert 120V to 220V for appliance


Joined Jan 18, 2008
You will need to know the power consumption of your appliance. Search on "step up transformer" in ebay. Generally, the higher the power rating in watts or KVA, the more expensive. I believe Harbor Freight has them too. Not knowing where you are, however, is a bit of a disadvantage for giving more detailed advice. Are you on 60 Hz or 50 Hz?

Are you absolutely sure the appliance doesn't have a 110/220 volt switch?

A 1KW 60-Hz transformer will be about 8X6X6 inches or a little larger. They are not huge, but they do weigh a lot, if you have to ship them over a long distance.