Controlling the angle of the camera of Raspberry PI

Murphy_18

Joined Feb 10, 2023
Hi folks! It is my first time to post a question in this community, so my apologies for any noob mistake.
So, we are participating in Cansat competation, and as a requirement, 50% of the sky and 50% of the earth's surface should be visible in the video image of the camera of can according to the horizon line during the landing. We are gonna use the Raspberry Pi 4 and camera version 2 for the modelling. But, unfortunately, I have no particular idea to meet with this requirment. What options can I use for this requirement like special equipment or software? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
1676019232694.png

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
1)I think software decides where the horizon is.
2)My camera has motors to move X and Y. If you do not have motors, then make a small window and move it in the big window to keep 50:50. The output is just the small window.
1676046909426.png

Murphy_18

Joined Feb 10, 2023
1)I think software decides where the horizon is.
2)My camera has motors to move X and Y. If you do not have motors, then make a small window and move it in the big window to keep 50:50. The output is just the small window.
View attachment 287278
Thank you for your answer, sir! Can you elaborate the second option more? I didn't get it fully.Ps. For the motors, yeah we thought about this but weight limit can be a great deal for this since the limit is 500 grams

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
What he is saying is to crop a smaller frame from the the full camera frame that has the hirizon in the center. How you detect the horizon in software is left as an exercise for the reader.

Murphy_18

Joined Feb 10, 2023
What he is saying is to crop a smaller frame from the the full camera frame that has the hirizon in the center. How you detect the horizon in software is left as an exercise for the reader.
Thank you very much to both of you for your help!