Controler for Flicker / Steady / Chase

Mavman

Joined May 2, 2011
Due to the automotive lighting guidelines I apologize for my previous post.

I do hope that even though this project uses the same basic principles that the mods will allow me to ask for help with the project since the project involves a prop being used outside of a garage....

Well since I am unable to do automotive lighting mods due to the guidelines of the forum I guess I will have to resort to another project of mine that I need a similar if not identical controller idea for.

I have some spare time since I am taking time off work and school is almost over to this is what I am looking for...

I am making a full size replica of this movie prop...

Please not that this is going to be a prop outside of a garage and that there will be no mechanical parts in it at all. I am planning on using Clear acrylic to house the led strips with a diffuser that is shadowed to make it so that you can have a custom effect of it actually being built from the inside out.

The way it will work is that the inside will light up and flicker on and then different layers will flicker on until it is all solid. At the point that all internal LEDs are solid and light then everything will go dark on the inside and only the outside lines will be light up. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can make a flicker chase effect that leaves LED's on after the effect has already happened on that string of LEDs???

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
First study " Bill's blog ", for chasers, LED drivers etc. " WE " can design candle flame flickering, & by combining [ mixing], with a PWM gradually increasing duty cycle should give a flickering light that gradually turns solid light. How many pannels, LEDs per pannel, power supply V & I, available?? I would aim for 36V. Might like to try a small demonstrator to start with.