Control unit to Convert DC 90 volts to constant voltage source of DC 45 Volts.

johnraj

Joined Oct 1, 2008
Hi ,

I am looking to build a control unit of constant voltage source of DC 45 volts .I am planing to use a DC Welder as a power source ( 90 Volt & 320 amps ).

I am looking to reduce this DC 90 volts to DC 45 volts & then I need to again make a variable regulater for DC 45 volt to DC 5 volt.( Such that to use any voltage between Dc 5 volts to DC 45 volts )

I search though and could find some basic diagram for limited input & output voltage only .

Any ideas & diagrams on this would be of Great Help.

Thanks,

Regards,
John

johnraj

Joined Oct 1, 2008
Hi ,
Thanks for that input.

I have now checked the machine output details & I have attached this for your review.I can see that the Voltage is only about 30 Volt , for 320 amps.Can you have a look & correct me if I am wrong ?But I think that the Open circuit voltage was about 90 Volt .

I was thinking to use this as a Mig welding machine.So before buying a wire feeder , I thought to check if I can use this machine for MIG.
So I am little bit confused now.Should I really now need to do a DC 90V - DC 30 V conversion ? How to check & make this a constant voltage source ?

Can you advice me on this ?

Thanks,

Regards
John

Attachments

johnraj

Joined Oct 1, 2008
Hi ,
I am looking to control the output DC voltage ( 30 Volt ) & current ( 320 amps ) for my DC Welding Generator.
Presently I have a rheostat in the field coil to control the Current .

I am looking to control the output for doing MIG welding.So I believe that I should be able to control the output voltage ( 0- 30 Volt ) & current ( 0 - 320 amps ) to set the output for MIG.

I would need some advice on this idea & share any circuits that I may use / refer for this setup ?

Thanks
Regards
John Raj