Control Stepper motor with parallel port

saathis

Joined Dec 13, 2010
Dear helpers,

I need help to program in VB6.0 that D1 of parallel port goes high then stepper motor rotate forward for few second.......& D2 of parallel port goes low then stepper motor rotate reverse for few second...... please help me really urgent thank you..... :confused:

davebee

Joined Oct 22, 2008
Hi saathis,

I have done this myself many times, (but not with VB6) but I really don't know where to start helping you because you have told us so little about what parts of this project you understand and what parts you need help with.

Can you write a little about what you already know and what you most need help with?

Do you need help writing the VB6 program that issues the port commands?

Do you need help getting VB6 to control the port through the operating system?

Do you need help getting the port pins to operate the motor?

Do you plan to use a stepper driver logic chip that generates the phased coil drive commands? Do you have the chip, or a complete stepper driver unit already?

Do you already have a high current driver to power the coils of the stepper?

What have you already done, or already understand, and where do you need help the most?

saathis

Joined Dec 13, 2010
Thank to Beenthere.....

Dear davebee, i need answer for your 4th question.... that when click open button D1 of parallel port should goes high then rotate motor forward for few seconds... then same for click close button D2 goes low then motor shld be rotate reverse few second.... how could make it in VB6.0.... if cn contact me <snip>

Moderator's note: These are public forums. Please make all questions and answers out in the forums to benefit as many as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

davebee

Joined Oct 22, 2008
saathis,

I'm happy to help out a little but I don't have time to do much more than that.

Here's how I would get started making this in VB6.

First, make a VB6 program that successfully controls a parallel port pin.

Keep the first program very simple - make two buttons. Click one button to set the pin high, and click another button to set the pin low.

Connect a voltmeter to the parallel port pin and check that your program causes the voltmeter to respond.

Do you know how to do that?