control of 24v dc actuator,

ayodele234

Joined Apr 26, 2011
I am currently working on a project which is aim to control a actuator(24 V DC). I want it to be a follow up control system. But i find it difficult in building the electronic part of the control system. Anyone with useful information should kindly assist as this project mean a lot to my academics.
Thanks

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Not enough information is given to be of help:) We don't know what type of actuator or how it is connected to the load , or how it is moving.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Rotary actuator or linear? Built in feedback or no internal feedback? Range of motion in degrees if rotary or inches/mm if linear. Questions, questions, questions. Much more information needed in order to get any form of help.

ayodele234

Joined Apr 26, 2011
The actuator i am talking about, is made up of a 24volt Dc, but it is connected to a gear trail to convert it rotary motion to linear which will end up varying a pneumatic valve.
But i want to control this actuator with two potentiometer. One will serve as control source which will input an error into circuit and the second potentiometer will serve as feedback into the circuit.
My problems are:
1. to choose which ic to use
2. To choose which transistor that has capacity to carry 24volt dc
3. how to get the circuit for this control