Constant Power to Momentary Contact, then OFF the Power activates different Momentary Contact

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
That is a delay timer. You can adjust the time output will be on.
Either way the relay contact can be used ( changed ) to suite ur needs I believe

I think when you switch that device on it will activate the relay to the set time and switch off the relay when the timer is reached and stays that way until powered down

SmartThing

Joined Mar 4, 2015
That is a delay timer. You can adjust the time output will be on.
Either way the relay contact can be used ( changed ) to suite ur needs I believe

I think when you switch that device on it will activate the relay to the set time and switch off the relay when the timer is reached and stays that way until powered down
UPDATE = I received the item , however, when powered it delays for a time period, THEN activates relay. Any idea how to make it activate relay for a time delay, instead of what it does?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
UPDATE = I received the item , however, when powered it delays for a time period, THEN activates relay. Any idea how to make it activate relay for a time delay, instead of what it does?
It requires some fiddling with the circuit inside.
I believe it can be changed with additional transistor to switch on and off the relay. But for this I need to see the inside, i.e the circuitry inside the timer.
Or you can use another set of contact in the timer if there is.

SmartThing

Joined Mar 4, 2015
It requires some fiddling with the circuit inside.
I believe it can be changed with additional transistor to switch on and off the relay. But for this I need to see the inside, i.e the circuitry inside the timer.
Or you can use another set of contact in the timer if there is.
Do you see on ebay anything of use for my purpose? I want to apply voltage to the device, then it switches the relay on for a period of seconds, then off again. And it will not repeat unless I cut power to device, then restore...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Okay..just to avoid confusion.
At the moment the relay turns ON at power up and OFF at the set time.
And you want the relay to be OFF at power up and Turn ON at the set time.
Right ?

SmartThing

Joined Mar 4, 2015
When this item is powered up, it waits for the set time, then the relay turns ON. I want it ON at power up, and OFF after set time. So, presently, there is an ON Delay, I want an OFF Delay.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The way I see there is only 1 option.
That is to invert the output if the 555. Then the relay will remain off and sw. on when time is set.
U need to add an additional transistor and a resistors to the PCB. It won't easy to solder if you never done SMD soldering in tight places
Or may be replace the SMD transistor with a PNP and some additional R's might do the trick.

Better yet use the Relay contacts to do what you want. Cause it has SPDT contacts you know.
N/O and N/C are there so why don't you use those.