Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by crobertsbmw, Sep 20, 2011.

  1. crobertsbmw

    Thread Starter New Member

    Sep 7, 2011
    I have a vocabulary question. I have this new haven display that has 16 pins sticking out. They are like 1mm apart (I think this is called the pitch). And I need to get this hooked up to a breadboard. So I am looking for an adapter that takes my 8 by 2 matrix of male pins and then can hook up to a breadboard or something. Does this make any sense.?
  2. tgotwalt1158


    Feb 28, 2011
    You could do another way if particular adaptor is difficult to find. There are female plugs available with wire connected at one side, like used at computer mother board to connect USB front extra socket. Buy 16 pcs. of such plugs. Just take care about the size, it should be matching with size of pins.
  3. KJ6EAD

    AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 30, 2011
    Yes, it's a common concern. You need to convert to 0.1" (2.54mm) pitch and you need the rows separated by at least 0.3" to mount over the gutter on a breadboard. Why not ask Newhaven or look at the accessories on their site.