Connector conversion question

rajahd

Joined Aug 27, 2013
I'm replacing some OEM parts with after-market parts. I've tested the parts by using jumper wires so I'm confident everything works. However, the new parts have a different size connector than the OEM parts. See below (top, smaller connector = OEM size; bottom, larger connecter = new size).

Because I am replacing many of these devices and anticipate needing to replace them in the future, I'd like to create some converters from the new size to the old size. Does anyone know what kind of connectors these are and where to buy them? Ideally I would get a female connectors of the new size and a male connectors of the old size and create short converters. I could also scavenge the female connectors from the existing OEM parts.

Thanks in advance.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If they are available to you, DigiKey should have them, have you considered popping the new connectors out and solder in the old style?
Although the spacing is different It could be made to work.
Max.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
square pin size?
center of pin to center of next pin spacing?
outer housing dimensions?
any markings on them?

look similar to Amp Mini CT connectors (but probably cheaper knockoffs)? they are available in 1.5mm and 2mm center-center spacing..

rajahd

Joined Aug 27, 2013
I'm not sure what "square pin size" is. Also there are no visible markings on any of the connectors. Here is the other information-

OEM Connector
Outer dimensions: 4mm x 3mm
Pin spacing: 1.5mm (approx - I don't have a measuring device that goes below mm)

Aftermarket Connector
Outer dimensions: 6mm x 4mm
Pin spacing: 2mm

I'll look through DigiKey's catalog and check out the Amp Mini CT. Switching them out physically is worth a try if all else fails. Thank you for your replies!