connecting a Linear actuator to Relay Switch?

shrivle

Joined Nov 20, 2013

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
What I meant about timer working on dc, is it's marked "source ac" I believe.

Also, what do you have in mind to initiate action?

When powered on, a single "time delay" will run your actuator out for a set time (or in). Then reverse and continue in reverse until something switches to restart the timer.

A limit switch on one end of stroke?

shrivle

Joined Nov 20, 2013
What I meant about timer working on dc, is it's marked "source ac" I believe.

Also, what do you have in mind to initiate action?

When powered on, a single "time delay" will run your actuator out for a set time (or in). Then reverse and continue in reverse until something switches to restart the timer.

A limit switch on one end of stroke?
brought it off ebay for $5 & they have sent me the AC version and not DC. It's not worth the hassle of sending it back for a refund.
Might have to invest in this one, looks like they are more suitable for linear actuators, they also have a easy to follow wiring diagram:)
http://www.firgelliauto.com/product_info.php?cPath=99&products_id=269

I put 24v DC into it and the power light comes on then makes a click noise just as the second light comes on (which i presume is the contact closing). It is a 0.2-5 second timer. I have never used one before, just wondering if these when used normally will make multiple clicking noises, with each click at the interval set on the timer?

ow well back to the drawing board:)

Thanks for your help

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
The link wasn't a shopping suggestion, just a link to data sheet.
Any 24vdc multi-function timer will work.
Some may not be dpdt relay output, but you should really use an external relay for switching load.

The wiring will work similar to your sketch. To be practical it needs diodes across each contact and snubber circuit across commons (power in).