Connecting 8051 with pc

gusmas

Joined Sep 27, 2008
i got a project that requires me to load code from keil to my 8051 micro controller, i am currently in university and we have not loaded any code yet onto micro's but we received a project that requires us to do so, so im not asking you guys to do it for me just asking you guys where how i should start, we were told we must use the max323 for the connection to the computer, so now i want help on where i must start with this project thank you for reading/helping.

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
Start at www.alldatasheet.com for info on the chips. Usually, your development system will be able to program the target chip, you'll need this at least to load what is called a bootloader program.

All should be explained by the teacher in upcoming classes.

--Rich

Peace Frog

Joined Apr 13, 2009
The upshot here is that you need the MAX 232 to drop RS232 voltage levels down to TTL. Because RS232 is so old a logic zero is represented by a voltage in the range of -5v to -25v, and a one is +5v to +25v. Most 8051s can be dialed in to directly with hyperterminal provided they are properly wired. You'll have to look at the datasheets for both of your chips and then check to see how your particular part interfaces with a PC.

Other things to note is that you'll need a null modem cable, and the MAX 233 can be used in place of the 232 with a few less extra parts.

I'll actually be putting an order together for an 8051 programming bench and then for my project so if you have any questions about 8051 specifics feel free to PM me.

Regards,
Ben