Connect scanner to USB port of PC

kamleshbarot

Joined Mar 16, 2020
Hi,

I have a Kenko KFS-1450 scanner that has a USB port which connects and sends a jpeg file to the PC. Since the scanner's program is messed up by the manufacturer, I want to bypass the output of the scanner from the embedded software and solder a USB so that the raw scanned data can be imported in the PC.

How do I wire the scanner to a USB end? Will the PC find the scanner and import the file?

FYI, the reason I want to do this is though the scanner scans the negative film at 3000 dpi the software program built in the scanner converts the file to a 96 dpi jpeg file. I want to take the scanned 3000 dpi image and bypass their software, so I can directly get the 3000 dpi file on my PC instead of the 96 dpi file the scanner's software imports.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
According to this link the scanner resolution is only 96 DPI so it is not possible scan an image at 3000 DPI.
It will not let me insert the URL of the link under the wortds "this link" so here is the URL
Les.

Last edited:

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
According to this link the scanner resolution is only 96 DPI so it is not possible scan an image at 3000 DPI.
It will not let me insert the URL of the link under the wortds "this link" so here is the URL
Les.
It’s a bust. You cannot do what you ask of USB, and probably not from the device itself.

kamleshbarot

Joined Mar 16, 2020
Yes, they said our electronic part of scanner is 3000 dpi but the program converts it and sends to USB PC at 96 dpi. We need to change the program, but now they don't respond. That's why I am asking if there is anyway to use the scanner but only avoid the program conversion, it'll be an obligation.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Just couple of thoughts: 1) new scanner may cost 10-20-30$ thus the 10 minutes of Your job productivity. It is plainly impossible to do all reviving jobs so fast 2) Arduino similar micropocessor architecture, for example Atmega328, ought be capable to reshape the signal pathways let the each bit compass with USB standart or at least usb complected with USB converter. However it is less job to use alone. 3) In nowadays when every dirty mobile phone camera have 48 Mpix like mine produced in Wuhan plant (thatswhy I was so much worried when cached a flu around New Year) any meaningfulness of scanner are swept away, except if You need a dramatically exact scale identical in middle and in corners.