Connect 2 monitor to one laptop for duplicate display

Lemon_Foam

Joined Sep 18, 2017
I have 1 Dell laptop: Latitude E6540 (Laptop)
I have 2 LCD monitor: LCD-AD192SEDB (Monitor A & Monitor B)

I want to connect the 2 monitor to my laptop. When open 2 program in my laptop, i want to view the first program on my laptop and second program on my monitor A and monitor B. Monitor A and B just duplicate each another which will always display the same things.

The laptop had only one VGA port, did i need VGA splitter?

Did anybody can give me some advice about the device connection and how to do setting on this window 7 laptop?
Thank You in advance.

Untitled.png

Lemon_Foam

Joined Sep 18, 2017
Why do you need two duplicate monitors? It may determine the solution.
This is a inspection machine in control room. Laptop use to connect to a IP camera and monitor A use to display the camera capturing object. Operator need go into control room for carry out some action based on camera capturing object.
Monitor B is duplicate of monitor A that place outside the control room, so that operator can control the inspection machine without go into the control room.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I thought someone posted a solution.

One way is through hardware. Connect two external VGA monitors with a VGA Splitter. A search (on Amazon?) will provide many alternatives.

In the other hand, I believe there is a Display setting in the settings app, that allows you to configure multiple monitors in a variety of configurations. Duplicate is one setting available.

But, I no longer have access to Windows 7. I do know that it can be done as I had three monitors configured as one big one. And remember that Win7 could configure duplicate multiple monitors. I just don’t remember how. Have you tried physically hooking up two monitors and right-clicking on the desktop to look for settings?

Lemon_Foam

Joined Sep 18, 2017
I thought someone posted a solution.

One way is through hardware. Connect two external VGA monitors with a VGA Splitter. A search (on Amazon?) will provide many alternatives.

In the other hand, I believe there is a Display setting in the settings app, that allows you to configure multiple monitors in a variety of configurations. Duplicate is one setting available.

But, I no longer have access to Windows 7. I do know that it can be done as I had three monitors configured as one big one. And remember that Win7 could configure duplicate multiple monitors. I just don’t remember how. Have you tried physically hooking up two monitors and right-clicking on the desktop to look for settings?
I will choose the method provided by u
-> One way is through hardware. Connect two external VGA monitors with a VGA Splitter. A search (on Amazon?) will provide many alternatives.

But did i need to check my laptop (Latitude E6540) did it support 2 more monitor?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I will choose the method provided by u
-> One way is through hardware. Connect two external VGA monitors with a VGA Splitter. A search (on Amazon?) will provide many alternatives.

But did i need to check my laptop (Latitude E6540) did it support 2 more monitor?
If you use a VGA splitter, your laptop doesn’t even enter into the equation. As far as the laptop is concerned, there is only one monitor attached. The hardware splitter provides the exact same signal to two monitors.