Condensor in ceiling fan

aamirali

Joined Feb 2, 2012
1. The purpose of condensor is to make phase diff b/w rotor current & sattor current so that torque can be created.

Does that mean after initial torque creation between two condensor is not required further.

2. I am making a 20V/10 A supply dc from 220Vac. When I switch it on there is huge inrush of current due to big capacitor. Can I add some delay in that so that it don't overload initially.
Resistor is not an option as it will limit the current & heat up very high.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
1. The purpose of condensor is to make phase diff b/w rotor current & sattor current so that torque can be created.

Does that mean after initial torque creation between two condensor is not required further.[/QUOTE/

Sometimes. You can have a start or run or start/run capacitor.

2. I am making a 20V/10 A supply dc from 220Vac. When I switch it on there is huge inrush of current due to big capacitor. Can I add some delay in that so that it don't overload initially.
Resistor is not an option as it will limit the current & heat up very high.
Why is the current inrush a problem? Does it trip circuit breakers? First, I'd make sure something isn't wrong with the circuit. To limit inrush, you can use a soft-start curcuit, one which ramps the current up little by little. You can use a triac and increasing duty cycle on startup. There might be commerical products to do what you want, but you'll need to look around.