Computer Keep On Circuit

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
yes that is what i want. Originally i was wanting to include a timer, but if that will mean and IC rather than just some components and a relay or the like then i am not really interested in timing it.

If you have a circuit that will time and not use an IC, then i'm interested otherwise i'm going with mkbutan's circuit with the modifications that i mentioned.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
To time it....I will have to use a 555 atleast.

I will not use a relay to switch on the mobo but a transistor. cause the 5V stby is a little creepy.

To do this properly I need to see a picture of ur supply specs. The ATX PSU connector (20 or 24 pin) and the power button header on the mobo.

With these I can make a guide so u can do this with ease.

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
sir
I don't know your location (Pl. update your profile location)
but I am from the Great Country INDIA and its 0202 Hrs(02:02 AM )
i will be on line in morning / tomorrow
thanks

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
mkbutan circuit has a flaw from what I see.

But if u want, you are welcome to try it.

And by the way, I am in Maldives

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
i'll get you some pics when i'm off work. I'll also play with some circuits tomorrow morning and see if i cant get something working

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
take the pics if u can use a 555.

Using transistor, cap & R timing elements is somewhat in appropriate for duration more than 1 min.

With a 555 I can design it pretty easily likes Bill one and timing is reasonable and easy to work with.

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
To time it....I will have to use a 555 atleast.

I will not use a relay to switch on the mobo but a transistor. cause the 5V stby is a little creepy.

To do this properly I need to see a picture of ur supply specs. The ATX PSU connector (20 or 24 pin) and the power button header on the mobo.

With these I can make a guide so u can do this with ease.

are you trying to use the green which is ever green wire

Attachments

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
idk, i'm not home to check either. but does it matter? that is a 24 pin ATX connector is a 24 pin connector no matter what mobo it is. and honestly i have no idea it was in an old desktop i got from a friend for free

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ur Stby can handle enough current to drive a relay. Which makes this twice as easy and simple.

So. tell me have you built Bill's circuit or anything so far.

If so, then show and explain.
If no, tell me, so I can draw u up something.

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
Ur Stby can handle enough current to drive a relay. Which makes this twice as easy and simple.

So. tell me have you built Bill's circuit or anything so far.

If so, then show and explain.
If no, tell me, so I can draw u up something.

pl draw even if Mr. kool has made it.
thanks

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
no, that's a momentary toggle switch. my old button broke so i just put a new switch on to replace the button
like one of these but a momentary version so it pulls back down when you release