Computer Keep On Circuit

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
OP...u are worrying too much.

bios setting provides auto ON after power failure.
No need for stinkin' circuits..Just set the bios.

It will turn on every time power failure occurs. :D

Oh Crap ! I forgot the parents :eek:

If they are turning it off from power switch in the CPU then u need what Bill suggest.

What will u do if the parents pull the plug. ? :confused:

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
quit double posting, brings doubt to the fact that you're labeled a "Senior Member" you've already posted 3 times in this thread with little more to say than quit worrying because your BIOS can do it for you, which it cant--you would have read that earlier in the thread if you had read the whole thing

unfortunetly my bios not have the option to auto on after power off or is it does it doesn't work right.
i mean really, it's in the fifth post of the thread do you get bored that easily?

it seams you are quitting?:eek::eek::eek:
do find the ckt. usefull ?
I'm not quitting, i'm just going to mess with circuits on my own rather than asking for help and responded to by some people who seem to know what they're doing and some people who just want to pop in and make some funny or facetious comments about how i should be doing this a different way.

Does it really matter my reasons? I'm trying to make a circuit that will short two contacts together when there is no voltage on a certain point? maybe a timer? no stupid comments about anything; just help making a circuit.

Last edited:

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
may be I am wrong
is it 3 Sec. or 3 mSec. may be but how much time it take
kindly update me
Thanks
on my computer, it seems that any instantaneous short between the two will cause it to turn on.
now to turn off, i have to hold it for several seconds

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
quit double posting, brings doubt to the fact that you're labeled a "Senior Member" you've already posted 3 times in this thread with little more to say than quit worrying because your BIOS can do it for you, which it cant--you would have read that earlier in the thread if you had read the whole thing
Why do you care if I double post or not.
As for member status, why don't look before u leap.

Anyways.
I said Bill has an answer for u. You do not need multisim to test it. Bill's circuits work. Besides ur problem is really simple.

Question is, can you bread board the circuit. ?

{ed}
Power button press switches on the mobo instantly. To switch off u need to hold the Pwr button for 4 secs. But this option too is available in bios to an instant OFF if u desire

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
{ed}
Power button press switches on the mobo instantly. To switch off u need to hold the Pwr button for 4 secs. But this option too is available in bios to an instant OFF if u desire[/QUOTE]

OK i got it it was an error
pl . just check the ckt. in post #35
i think it can only be in ON State but how to OFF it?

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
Why do you care if I double post or not.
As for member status, why don't look before u leap.

Anyways.
I said Bill has an answer for u. You do not need multisim to test it. Bill's circuits work. Besides ur problem is really simple.

Question is, can you bread board the circuit. ?

{ed}
Power button press switches on the mobo instantly. To switch off u need to hold the Pwr button for 4 secs. But this option too is available in bios to an instant OFF if u desire
Of course i can breadboard the circuit. Computer Engineering student. There's a list of classes I've taken/ are taking I'm currently in the beginning or electronic devices/digital electronics. next semester I'll be taking Communications Systems.

i THINK i can breadboard a damn circuit.
Question is, why dont you just be helpful rather than just posting funny or useless comments. If i'd wanted this then i would have posted elsewhere

R!f@@ said:
{ed}

OK i got it it was an error
pl . just check the ckt. in post #35
i think it can only be in ON State but how to OFF it?
assuming the +12v is one that is switched like the type for a hard drive or CD drive or the like, and that its a 12v relay then your computer will sucessfully turn itself back off but holding its power button right after you turned it on. if you switch the connections from points A to points B then it works the way that i desire. meaning that when the computer loses power the coil will lose its magnetic field, the contacts will fall back to the other side and press the power button. when the power button is pressed it will start the computer, which will start the +12v and pull the relay contacts back to being open for the computer.

your circuit was very close, and in fact it may have just been a mistake in which contacts you used, i am also trying to make it time though, although that isnt going as well as i'd like with discrete components, only with a 555 as the timer.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
assuming the +12v is one that is switched like the type for a hard drive or CD drive or the like, and that its a 12v relay then your computer will sucessfully turn itself back off but holding its power button right after you turned it on. if you switch the connections from points A to points B then it works the way that i desire. meaning that when the computer loses power the coil will lose its magnetic field, the contacts will fall back to the other side and press the power button. when the power button is pressed it will start the computer, which will start the +12v and pull the relay contacts back to being open for the computer.
Wouldn't this just be an endless loop. Parents turning off, relay turning on, instantly, and parents turning off again.

I think you need to have a battery/wall socket. And as soon as power is lost/cut the timer starts, and when time is up, it triggers the power pins.

Like Bill_M said.

BTW: What software are you running?

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
for you R!f@@. Just a general kind of how to behave nicely on forums.

Wouldn't this just be an endless loop. Parents turning off, relay turning on, instantly, and parents turning off again.
If parents/other people turning it off was my primary concern, then yes. also my parents will probably give up the second or third time it turned itself right back on.

mines running mainly file server, but i also like to dabble in programming and i'm trying to write some software that will log some stuff and i want it to log back to my home computer when it can. (i may end up using SQL to add/update entries too)
right now, just teamviewer and my computer keeps becoming inaccessible because it's off. I'm looking to add some filesharing/VPN type software and possibly SQL soon so i'm trying to prevent problems before they rear their ugly heads. long story short, just personal stuff, nothing business or life threatening or i would take a different approach (probably a backup generator with auto-on and a UPS to cover the startup time for the generator.

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008

I think you need to have a battery/wall socket. And as soon as power is lost/cut the timer starts, and when time is up, it triggers the power pins.

Like Bill_M said.

post #18;#23 ; #35 have the ans.
but only problem is no one should remove the power plug from the main

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008

If parents/other people turning it off was my primary concern, then yes. also my parents will probably give up the second or third time it turned itself right back on.

right now, just teamviewer and my computer keeps becoming inaccessible because it's off. I'm looking to add some filesharing/VPN type software and possibly SQL soon so i'm trying to prevent problems before they rear their ugly heads. long story short, just personal stuff, nothing business or life threatening or i would take a different approach (probably a backup generator with auto-on and a UPS to cover the startup time for the generator.

as i said before after restart you have to start your application
even after you put it in startup folder your "teamviewer" require the key word
now how and who will provide the key word to the remote user
any idea?

Kool1zero

Joined Feb 13, 2012
Teamviewer at my house is set to auto log on and start with Windows. I can connect to that instance of teamviewer from anywhere because I've set it up that way.

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008

dear don't feel it; there is nothing bad we all are here to learn something and share our knowledge with others one should learn to respect other it's not like
(25. Do not chastise newbies.)
once again don't feel it every body make mistake and learn from it (even I learn from my mistake in the post #22) just learn from your mistake's as

"THE LIFE IS VERY SMALL TO LEARN ELECTRONICS"​

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
sorry bill it was an human error i write'd in reciprocal manner 3 sec is for turning off
but pl explane
in your ckt. I/P from USB as the USB have 4 pins i.e. 1>.+5V; 2>.D+; 3>.D-; and 4>.Gnd.
from the 4 pins which is the I/P to the Ckt.
is it +5v if I am not wrong ?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
So..lemme get this right.

Bill's circuit is not suitable for u.
If yes, and if I may, please.

I can draw u a circuit that can switch on ur PC and it can be powered via the PC Stby 5V.

But there are somethings that you should follow when implementing it.

So, Are u game ?

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
So..lemme get this right.

Bill's circuit is not suitable for u.
If yes, and if I may, please.

I can draw u a circuit that can switch on ur PC and it can be powered via the PC Stby 5V.

But there are somethings that you should follow when implementing it.

So, Are u game ?

pl. if not some one
i would like to know that ckt.
yes I am in GAME
any thing for ELECTRONICS
but should be logically and SAFE
see my signature