computer hacking

sconklin524

Joined Jul 26, 2008
I'm wondering if my pc has been hacked. Someone that I have never seen or met in my life has photos of me on their myspace that have never been uploaded onto myspace, photobucket or anything similar. The only place the pictures are is my computer and it is the only place they ahve ever been. I know hardly anything about computers and am not sure what has happened or what to do. any help would be great!
thanks!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The first question to answer is: Is there any chance anyone else has had local access to your PC who may have been able to take such pictures and upload them?

Dave

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Odd coincidences do happen.

My daughter and her friends often have similar pictures of each other/ themselves on Facebook simply because if a pic was well posed for one photographer it was well posed for another.

So make sure you weren't at the same place/time as this other person's friends, who might also be in the(ir) photo.

Hi, I am not quiet Clear about how computer could be hacked.. Let me clarify some questions: Do you use any VPN applications like TeamViewer or Hamachi? There are lot of servers rite? Then Will your computers be turned ON for ever.? THen do you Use Direct Ethernet LAN or else DSL type of Internet? Thats all.. Make your answers clear and i will try to help you...

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
Noone in the world can control any other computer unless his malware or malicious code is running in this computer and any ports are open. If you have run anything unknowingly and possibly, something might have happened. But just a few good photos of yours on myspace don't mean its a hacking attempt. Hackers go the bad way. So don't worry. check if everything else is normal and safe.