CompTIA Networking + course or CCNA course?

Cbpalmer2184

Joined Sep 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding certification courses to advance my career. If I've been working for a contractor company for Verizon in their C.O.'s working on their fiber optic installs & testing, would it be better to take a CompTIA Network + Cert course before taking a CCNA program that preps for the CCNA 7.0 exam?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding certification courses to advance my career. If I've been working for a contractor company for Verizon in their C.O.'s working on their fiber optic installs & testing, would it be better to take a CompTIA Network + Cert course before taking a CCNA program that preps for the CCNA 7.0 exam?
I think you should take the CompTIA first then the CCNA. The CompTIA includes more Hardware than the CCNA and it will help you understand some of the CCNA subject matter.

You will need both Certs anyway to compete in the workplace.

Cbpalmer2184

Joined Sep 16, 2020
I think you should take the CompTIA first then the CCNA. The CompTIA includes more Hardware than the CCNA and it will help you understand some of the CCNA subject matter.

You will need both Certs anyway to compete in the workplace.
Thank you. I really do appreciate the advice very much. I did end up registering for CompTIA course this morning.