Component selection

diwa2000@gmail.com

Joined Apr 15, 2008
Hi guys
I need to make a component selection for my circuit working at 433MHz as Im designing a receiver , the antenna of this receiver is connected to the RC filter, now as far as I know the resistor would be a normal resistor what about the capacitor....I need to have a capacitor value of 10pF....the question is would this capacitor be a normal capacitor or a surfacemount capacitor? and also this signal from the RC circuit goes to an LNA module and to a oeak detector....this peak detector is also a RF circuit ....and here I need a capacitor of value 0.1microFarad....which one would be this capacitor....a normal ceramic or surface mount ?
Please help.

Thanks
Regards

Diwakar

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
A multilayer ceramic SMT cap is going to increase in reactance significantly at that frequency.

I don't have my chart in front of me, but that 0.1uF cap at 433MHz is probably going to look more like 1uF.

A 10pf multilayer ceramic would probably be around 14-15pF. If you used around 8pF instead, you should be in the ballpark.

diwa2000@gmail.com

Joined Apr 15, 2008
Thanks very much mate ...I really didnt think about this part in detail....I think I would go with a 8pF multilayer ceramic capacitor.

In farnell and RS I have found out 8.2pF capacitor instead of 8pF....home that would do the trick...

A multilayer ceramic SMT cap is going to increase in reactance significantly at that frequency.

I don't have my chart in front of me, but that 0.1uF cap at 433MHz is probably going to look more like 1uF.

A 10pf multilayer ceramic would probably be around 14-15pF. If you used around 8pF instead, you should be in the ballpark.