Complicated circuits, remote control, step motors, and Radio

Leonidizzil

Joined Apr 1, 2014
Hey everyone.
I have a moderately weak grasp on what it is that I'm doing, so allow me to explain what it is that I hope to do before I ask my question.

I'm making a series of remote control tanks for a little game that I'm playing. Each tank will consist of two motors, one for each side, and each set of two motors needs to be controlled by one master controller.

Now, to do this I figured I would need to start with a master controller, get it's frequencies and program it and the step motors to allow it to drive and turn properly, as in one joystick will operate one side of the tread, and one will do the other.
I would then need to do that with all five tanks all on different channels so that I can toggle between which tank I want to drive at the time.

My question to you is this; am I wrong? Is this a sound plan or have I overlooked something vital? I've never worked with radio or step motors before.

Also, I am considering using this as my master controller. Good idea?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking...le_Transmitter_w_10_Model_Memory_Mode_2_.html

Thank you all for reading this, I hope to hear from you soon!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
You could also do this with a digital 'secure' system if you don't want to change frequencies. For example, commands will start with 01010101 ans then the tank number 0001 or 0010 or 0011 for example followed by the command (left, right straight, ...).

Each tank would be programmed to only move if the proper number is sent. You could also have a master code that all tanks would obey.