Completed Project Video

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
That cannon fire sounds incredible. The whole thing looks, and sounds very, very good.

Don-- good work. Its a piece of art. Something you should be VERY, VERY proud of.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Nice, Don!

Looks like the gun sound/flash/recoil get a bit out of sync though - perhaps you're not triggering them cleanly?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I noticed that earlier in the video, but I though it was me. When the firing occurs close to the camera, It looked, and sounded, right on.

torpedochief

Joined Mar 30, 2008
Thanks Guys,

I am having trouble withthe sync. When I operate the TC sometimes the gun sound activates but they are no where near each other. I also have some more adjustments to make on the micro switch for the cannon. I took the model from 70 degress into 90 degrees outside. Maybe that had an effect. I know when you take your tank into the cold you should wait until the temp equalizes.

Just a few tweeks and we'll have it down.

Once again none of it would have been possible without this forum. THANKS!

Don

Hey when can we work on the sound system?...hehehehe

torpedochief

Joined Mar 30, 2008
The recordings are actually taken from the few Panzers left. Suamar in France has the only running King Tiger, Germany and now the US and France have running Panther Ausf. D, and England has the only Tiger 1. Germany just refurbished a Jadgapanther and restored the 75 to firing condition. These tanks are really fun, and safe. They don't crash, or sink.

Don

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Audioguru,
They are noisy beasties; lots of rattling and clanking. "Stealth" wasn't thought of until many years later.

It would be very difficult to accurately reproduce the sound of the original tank from such a small model that's already crammed with lots of stuff.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
My little clock radio has a half-decent 3" speaker but I added my own audio amp and lots of bass boost so it plays anything extremely well when its volume control is turned down.
When the volume is turned up then the bass boost is reduced so that the amplifier does not clip.

My computer speakers have very high quality 3" speakers and reproduce the cannon sound very well.

I cannot see the size of the model tank so I don't know if a half-decent 3" speaker will fit.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Is your little clock radio powered by AC?

What is the voltage and power requirement of the audio amp circuit that you built?

Don is pretty limited in what he can use, as everything in his tank is battery powered. The main battery (from what I understand of it) is 7.2v.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
My clock radio amplifier is an obsolete LM2896 bridged and bootstrapped amp that I built 35 years ago for my beach sound system.
Its output is 3.6W at clipping into 4 ohms with a 7.2V supply.

Most car radio amp ICs are bridged but don't work from a supply as low as 7.2V.

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
My clock radio amplifier is an obsolete LM2896 bridged and bootstrapped amp that I built 35 years ago for my beach sound system.
Its output is 3.6W at clipping into 4 ohms with a 7.2V supply.

Most car radio amp ICs are bridged but don't work from a supply as low as 7.2V.
So are you going to be helpful here, or just continue to be Scrooge-ish?

If you're going to take the latter course of action, I will suggest to the moderators that they boot your ass out of here yet again, and I'm sure that they will gleefully follow up on it.

You should put on your "Mr. Helpful" hat about now.