Compatible soldering iron tip?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I think I made a mistake of buying a Solomon soldering station. It's a great piece of equipment, the only issue is not many places sell tips for the station.

I was wondering if some other manufacturer's tip might work.

The tip I have measures 7.25 mm in diameter and is 36.2mm in length for the part that fits into the iron.

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005M6C0B4...e=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B005M6C0B4

Is that what you are looking for. If not, try eBay or your local hobby store. The hobby stors that sell Estes rockets and RC cars and planes.
That is a tip alright. Yeah I know they exist. :rolleyes: That was not my question. K am looking for a compatible tip to what I have.

I was hoping someone with a Weller or some other station would measure their tip (ok act mature now :) ) and see if the dimensions are the same as mine.

Oh and the tip I have is ceramic. That does not to be a ceramic tip.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
What is the name of your solder station. My component pusher have some tips on sale. It looks like they are removing that brand from the product line

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What is the name of your solder station. My component pusher have some tips on sale. It looks like they are removing that brand from the product line
Solomon. The model is SR-576.

The point of my post is not to find a source of Solomon tips but a compatible alternative so that I can purchase them anywhere when I need them and not have to deal with one or two sources

But I suppose a sale is worth a look to stock up.