Compass !!!!!

lesin akbar

Joined Dec 16, 2007
I need to build a device for which i need to get the direction in which my device is kept, And of course i need to go for a digital compass, something which can give the direction to the microcontroller. I searched the web to find some . But was not able to track the best(i mean cheap ). Can some one help me to find ? or is there any other way out ????

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Can you give us some idea of what you consider cheap? Alternatively can you tell us what you would consider expensive? These concepts are far from universal.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
By the time you get finished with this one off project the difference will seem insignificant. If you intend to go into volume production I'm sure you can negotiate a lower price. This is flyspecks in the pepper.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
In the event you decide to go with the higher resolution provided by the device that beenthere recommended, you can follow this link to Sparkfun's website where you can purchase the BGA packaged device already mounted on a small PCB that is ready to merge with the remainder of your electronics.

Steeply priced at $59.95 -- Yikes:eek:!!!

Oh well, I guess if you really want to investigate a digital compass based design you will need to cough up the big bucks.

hgmjr