Compare 2010 To 2011 Are You Better Off In Anyway

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Of those who are less happy this year than last year:

Do you have more than one debt besides your house? (car, credit card, toys such as motorcycles or jetskis)?

It is simply amazing getting out of debt makes you feel. Liberating and happy. If you don't have the cash in your pocket for something, don't get it. Sell your toys and spare cars to pay off the debts you do have.

Sure, having an Aston Martin is nice, but when you have no money left after mortgage, utilities, and car payments, it isn't nice enough.

Money truly IS the root of all depression, if not evil (for the weak who steal to get more money).

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I have no debt at all, but I'm not rich or anything. I drive a latemodel honda and live in a crappy old apt , I have a job, not a good one but I do have a job,(Recently I got a real Job but last year..) I didn't get married or engaged and I really wanted to concentrate on that this year, I developed some more serious health issues, and this year was just pretty rough.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I have no debt at all, but I'm not rich or anything. I drive a latemodel honda and live in a crappy old apt , I have a job, not a good one but I do have a job,(Recently I got a real Job but last year..) I didn't get married or engaged and I really wanted to concentrate on that this year, I developed some more serious health issues, and this year was just pretty rough.
Congratulations on debt! I've seen a couple suicides over money recently, so I think people need to work off getting out of debt, or try bankruptcy if all else fails. The stress level imparted is rather extreme. I was there and crawled back from the abyss, and feel much better for many years now.

Physical illness really sucks, especially if it is chronic, such as a bad knee/back/etc where surgery is $100k with a 60% chance of success and a 10% chance of death, if insurance even covers it. I've had a variation of the flue since school started. I help out the local school and science centers robotics programs when I can, so I'm in germ soup in the wintertime. Vitamin D does help a bit, at least in getting better, I can't really say it does much for prevention.

Hope you feel better soon!