Company threw out a whole reel of bidirectional tvs

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Yeah maybe, I wish they were either rated for mains or logic level... wow these things are super quick about 1 picosecond

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Before you get too excited, consider the question "Why did they throw them away?" Maybe the wrong part. Or maybe it was like that case of bathsoap I bought real cheap that turned out to be full of metal shavings.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Before you get too excited, consider the question "Why did they throw them away?"
Having worked in a manufacturing plant, it's not surprising that something not being used is tossed. They have neither the space, nor the inventory system to keep non-production parts.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I was given a big stack of relays, resistors, caps, transformers, MOVs treminals...from a factory that discontinued a product. Nothing wrong with them, just not wanted. It does happen!

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Yep they have a rule, if it doesn't get touched in a year, it get tossed. They don't like a mess and have no room for "extra" junk. They sent 2 bridgeports to the scrap yard a year ago. I wish I had room I would have snagged one.