communication between TX and Receiver, RC toy

Jean-Karim

Joined Dec 27, 2012
Hi folks,

We have an RC club at school and we are trying to undertsand the problem we have on a Radioshack rc Jeep http://support.radioshack.com/produc...20Toys&Reuse=N
and as we don't have the correct transmitter so we tried diffferent TX all 49mhz as this car is a 49mhz only one TX kind of worked but the jeeps moves randomly very slowly and faster in rear motion then forward, sometimes it moves faster then other times etc... Battery is good and fully tested and charged.
My question is, would it be possible that the TX not being the exact transmitter would partially work or is it the car's mainboard???

Thanks!!

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
I think there would be specific "commands" being sent from the control unit to the "jeep" by modulating the RF. Has this been taken care of ?

Ramesh

Jean-Karim

Joined Dec 27, 2012
Sorry what do you mean by that?? The only thing done is trying to find a controller running also on 49.860mhz as the Jeep but my experience with different RC toys has showed me that specific " high end quality" brands such as RadioShack, Tyco or Nikko use their very own TX and even each specific car uses its own TX not compatible with another car even with same frequency! That's why before suspecting anything wrong with the car I am more inclined to think that the TX I was trying to use does not communicate properly with the car resulting as a poor performance of the Jeep.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
The jeep receives 49.860 MHz signal. Fine.
How does it know whether to go Forward / Reverse?
Turn Left / Right?

That RF signal must contain some information that tell the jeep what to do. Does it? If yes, are they "understandable" by the jeep?

Ramesh

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
there are codes sent by the transmitter to the "jeep" different transmitter models or manufacturers use different codes to stop, go, turn left, turn right, and such. most regular rc model planes and cars from hobby shops use the same codes as eachother, and have interchangeable transmitters as long as they are on the same frequencies. toy r/c does not conform to a single standard, just whats aailable from the chip manufacturer.

Jean-Karim

Joined Dec 27, 2012
Thanks guys,

I understand those basics but here the case is a little more particular as the jeep responds well to directions with this TX and also moves forward and reverse but at low speed...and faster in reverse then forward that could come from a opposite motion in decoding the signal but still it would not move at the speed that it's rated for.. And again the battery is perfectly good.