Common microcrontrollers with analouge input

manuman

Joined Apr 15, 2007
Hi all,
I am a newbie to microprocessors and doing an intro module as part of my BSc.
As part of an assignment i need to do a comparrison between 2 different microprocessors/ controllers.
No problem with the first. I got an old tv remote that had the NEC µPD6125Achip in and have done a good write up. However i now need to a short comparative report on a chip with an analouge input/output, everything i take to pieces and check is digital, Any suggestions about something that may have analouge as i am desperate. I did think of the engine management system on my renault modus as that must use analouge input for air control,but i cannot find any data.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Would a public address system fill the bill? It takes the analog audio signal from the microphone and outputs an analog signal to the speakers.

Of course there is rarely a microcontroller involved except if there is an operator's console involved.

hgmjr

manuman

Joined Apr 15, 2007
Good idea but it as to be something that i can access, i need photos of the controller. I am just taking a Korg Guitar effects pedal to pieces to see if i have any lick with that.
Thanks anyhow

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Just for clairification - an processor that has an analog input has to run it through an analog to digital converter before making use of it. All processors are numeric engines and the inputs all have to be in the form of numbers to be understood.

There are literally hundreds of processors that have built-in A to D converters.

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Some hifis, monitors, TVs (digitaly controlled ones) have microcontrollers with analogue interfaces. Those are common enough. If your kitchen is equipped with appliances, they might have some too, or the washing machines.