Collecting Serial Data using LabVIEW

Guinness1759

Joined Dec 10, 2010
So I finally got my transmitter and receiver working at 9600 baud and it's working. I'm sending data from my PIC to the transmitter and the receiver is hooked up to my computer using a RS232 cable. I want to use LabVIEW to collect the serial data from the receiver. The problem I'm having is it is only collecting the last byte of data that I send. It doesn't matter how much data I send, it only says that there is one byte available and it only collects the last byte. I searched google but couldn't find anyone else having this issue.

Guinness1759

Joined Dec 10, 2010
Solved the problem by lowering the baud rate from 9600 to 1200. The PIC suart waveform was a little dodgy at 9600, so I gave it a shot and lowered it and now everything is working like a charm :D. Now I get to play with the comparators on the PIC. Should be the final part before I finish this project. Glad to be out of Suart land :D

terra

Joined May 12, 2011
Good Day,
It is easy to trouble shoot one by one
step 1.
Connect the pic to Hyper terminal or similar program then see whetehr you can transmit and received signal. If yes for low baud rate and no for high baud rate then
2. measure your frequency using a oscillasope and tune the baude rate clsoe to decide frequency

3. Use your Lab view program to see how is works. In labview RS232 driver you miss out low control which should be set to no flow control