Coldest Morning In South Florida In 2011

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Raining sideways today. We're expecting a lot of wind, and some places people are told to stay inside.

Lost power at home on Sunday. A tree broke in the wind and fell over the powerlines. So my neighborhood was left in complete darkness. The power was out for more than 4 hrs.

The temp is around 6-12°C.

This time last year, we had snow!

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Winter is delayed once again here. I haven't seen temperatures lower than 9 degrees here in Athens and 3 degrees in my mountain village at 800m altitude. March will be freezing once again.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
It's 30 here (Farenheit), -1 C, supposed to snow on Saturday

Is Florida Panicking because some city in the panhandle had a temperature starting with "4"?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
it was rather unremarkable today. yesterday (or the day before?) it was down into the upper 30's (F), but today it was in the 70s.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
If it ever snows in Houston I'm immigrating south.
come on down. you can sleep on my couch. :)

Here are the snow numbers for houston. "officially" we've had 9.7" in the past 40 years; don't know if that's discouraging for you or not.

in 2009 there was enough snow to cover my car and I was able to make some real snowballs with it. Prior to that, I don't recall ever seeng snow in houston. the website says it snowed in '08 but not on my side of town; I don't know what they're talking about.

EDIT: DOH! - I thought you said "If it Never snows in Houston I'm immigrating south", meaning moving to Houston. Funny how I can mis-hear people when they type.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
No, I glance at a page and assimulate it in one gulp. That and I have land in Florida, or is that Texas I could sell ya.

Tell the voice to speak up, you can't hear him.

Weather here is very close to yours, though it is starting to mist a bit. We are still recovering from a drought, so it is welcome.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I hear the voices of the person who has written the post. Here's a list of some of them....

Bill_M - Wide, low Texan accent.
MrChips - Patient, light Canadian
R!f@@ - Somewhat indian English
Tom66 - Queens english
Thatoneguy - Plain american
SgtWookie - The drill instructor from "Full metal Jacket". With no comparison whatsoever.
loosewire - Plain american, just a bit confused...
debe - The voice of Steve Irwin
t06afree - Norwegian bokmål
strantor - Plain american, with humor. (And red ninja eyes, working with chop-sticks)

Do I need a straitjacket...?

Why? I don't know...